Insurance cards must be presented at each visit. Some plans require co-pay for each visit. 

Knowing your insurance benefit is very important. Since every insurance policy and its benefits are different, all services may not be covered in full. It is your responsibility to contact your insurance company for an explanation of your benefits. 

Currently, we accept the following insurance plans for medical care:

  • Humana

  • Medicare

  • Medicare HMO

  • Medicaid

  • Ryan White

  • United Health Care

  • Aetna

  • AmeriHealth

  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana

  • Cigna

Healthy Louisiana (formerly known as Bayou Health)

  • Aetna Better Health

  • Healthy Blue

  • AmeriHealth Caritas

  • Louisiana Healthcare Connections

  • United Healthcare Community Plan

Currently, we accept the following insurance plans for dental care:

  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana

  • Cigna Dental PPO

  • Delta Dental - PPO and Premier

  • DentaQuest

  • DenteMax

  • Humana Dental

  • Aetna

  • Dental Envolve

  • MCNA

  • Medicaid

  • MetLife Insurance Company

  • United Healthcare Dental Benefit Providers

Sliding fee scale

Open Health Care Clinic accepts all patients regardless of their insurance or financial status. We are a federally funded health center which in turn allows us to offer a wide range of services to patients through the sliding-fee scale.  

We offer the sliding-fee scale to all income eligible uninsured or under-insured patients based on annual household income for most of our services. Income guidelines and acceptable verification for the sliding-fee scale are as listed below. Please review the 2019 Federal Poverty Levels.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us at (225) 655-OHCC(6422) during business hours. 

How do I qualify? 

  • If you wish to qualify for the sliding fee you MUST show proof of gross annual income for all immediate family members living in your household. Gross income is ALL income from ALL sources before taxes. Applicants should provide a copy of either two consecutive pay stubs, or the previous years income tax return or W-2 form.


  • Current LA ID or Driver’s License

Acceptable Income Verification 

  • Recent Federal tax return

  • IRS form W-2 or 1099

  • (2) Current paystubs

  • Copy of Award letter if received SSI stating amount received monthly.

  • Copy of Benefits letter if receive food stamps for monthly amount.

  • If no income, self-declaration

  • Statement of child support or alimony received

  • Budget slip from homeless shelter

  • Insurance card

  • Medicaid or Medicare card