To schedule an appointment please call our offices at (225) 655-OHCC (6422) during our business hours:
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Tuesday: 8:00 am - 6:00 p.m
- Saturday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
- Sundays: Closed
Current patients can contact us after hours by calling (225) 655-OHCC (6422)
Arrival time: Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time in order to complete the paper work necessary for your visit. If your are a new patient you can complete the paperwork prior to your visit by downloading the forms from our website. All OHCC forms are located on our "Forms" page.
Cancellation policy: If you need to cancel or reschedule, please give us a call at least 48 hours prior to the appointment.
3 month policy: If you have chronic disease, such as diabetes, high blood pressure; it is highly recommended that you visit every 3 month for check-up. If you have medication bottle, please bring it with you.
Refill request: Prescription refills should be requested through your respective pharmacy 7 days prior. This time frame is required because the refill process requires examining the patient’s chart and reviewing its data to be sure that the refill request is correct and approved by your physician.
Referrals: Certain insurances require referral approval prior to service being provided. Otherwise you will be held responsible for the visit for the date of service. Please allow us 3-4 business days to obtain referral/authorization.
Co-payments, where applicable, and remaining balance are due at the time of the visit.
Patient Centered Medical Home
A medical home is a team approach to providing total health care. Your medical home team will include your healthcare provider, others who support you and - most importantly - you!
WHAT IS A MEDICAL HOME?
Patient-Centered Medical Home is a model of patient care that uses team-based approach and emphasizes care coordination and communication to provide quality care, help lower medical costs, and achieve an excellent patient care experience.
YOUR ROLE AS A PATIENT:
- Communicate closely with us
- Keep us up to date on medications, allergies, conditions, tests, hospitalizations
- Inform and authorize your other providers to coordinate with us
- Participate in decisions about your health
- Follow treatment plans
OUR ROLE AS YOUR TRUSTED HEALTHCARE TEAM:
- To listen to your questions and concerns and to explain your healthcare plan in an easy to understand way
- To coordinate your overall care, sending you to trusted specialists if needed
- To provide you with urgent appointments when needed
- To provide education and resources for your healthcare
- To assist you with information and enrollment in health benefits
To learn more, please read our brochure by clicking the link below.